Uploading and Publishing Media
- Visit media.lafayette.edu (visit the Media Help Page for more information).
- Click the “Login” link under the “Guest” dropdown located in the upper-right.
- Enter your Lafayette credentials.
- Select one of the three options under [Add New]:
- Media Upload (existing media):
- Click “+Choose a file to upload” or drag-and-drop a file into the browser window.
- Fill in details such as Name, Description and Tags. Save.
- Choose your desired privacy setting. If Publishing, follow instructions on adding media to a channel.
- Express Capture
- Instantly record videos using audio and/or web camera.
- Once you finish the recording and select [Use This], the recording will save to your media.
- Kaltura Capture
- If this is your first time accessing this option, you will be prompted to download the Kaltura Capture client for either Windows or for Mac.
- Once downloaded and opened, you can use the recorder to record your screen, screen & webcam, webcam, or voice only.
- Choose the appropriate option, make your recording, you will now be prompted to add a Title, Description, Tags.
- From here, [Save & Upload] will upload the video to your library on media.lafayette.edu and My Media on Moodle and [Save] will save the video locally on your computer.
- Video Quiz:
- This option allows for the addition of quiz questions to existing content in your Media Library.
- For detailed instructions for creating a Video Quiz, see Creating a Kaltura Video Quiz
- All content remains private and only visible to you until you decide to share or publish with others.
To add captions to a video, see Adding Captions to a Kaltura Video.
For more information about tagging media, see Using Tags to Accompany Media
Creating and adding videos to a playlist
Playlists are a great way to group videos.
- In the “Guest” or Username dropdown, select “My Media”.
- Place a check by the videos to be added to your playlist.
- In the “Actions” dropdown, choose “Add to Playlist”
- In the “Add To Playlist” box, you have the option to add to an existing playlist or create a new one.
- Select “My Playlists” to view under the Username dropdown.
- Playlists can be shared with others via a link or embedded into a webpage under the “Share & Embed” option.
Note: To share playlists with others, the content must be Published as Unlisted.
Owners of content uploaded into MediaSpace have the option to download their own media.
- Select the media to download then choose Edit under the “Actions” menu.
- In the Downloads tab, choose the Available Formats desired (ie., Small, HD, Source). Save. Select [Go To Media] button.
- You should now see the Downloads tab available under the media player. Select the tab and click the down arrow to begin the download process.