Join Google Meet from your email
Your professor may invite you to join a scheduled Google Meet session through Google Calendar. You will receive an email inviting you to the event which will include a link to the Google Meet session. To join, click the URL in the email and join the meeting.
Join from a Google Calendar event
Your professor may invite you to join a scheduled Google Meet session through Google Calendar. You will receive an email inviting you to the event which will also appear in Google Calendar.
- In Google Calendar, click the event you wish to join.
- Click “Join Hangouts Meet” or “Join by Phone” depending on the nature of the call.
Join from a browser
- In a web browser, go to meet.google.com, logging in with your Lafayette credentials
- Select the meeting from your list of scheduled events or click “Join or start a meeting”
- Click “Join Meeting”
Join with a meeting link URL
Your professor may post a link to the Google Meet session in Moodle or send an email to the class with the URL.
- Click the meeting link sent to you in an email or other method
- Follow the onscreen prompts to join the meeting
Use a phone for audio
You can use a phone for audio in a video or voice call in Google Meet. Instructions for different situations can be found on Google’s Instructions for Joining by Phone.