Campus Wireless Network Access
There are two wireless networks available in all on-campus housing, academic, and support buildings:
- LC: This is the primary wireless network on campus.
- eduroam: eduroam is a secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
Either network can be used when on campus with a valid Lafayette NetID. Currently the College has more than 700 access points deployed across campus. The College is continuously evaluating and expanding capacity and coverage.
LC Wireless Network
The LC wireless network is for students, faculty, staff, and guests who have a valid NetID. It provides access to the Internet and Lafayette services based on user role.
To access the wireless network:
- Open the network settings on your device and select the "LC" network.
- Open a browser, which will redirect you to enter your NetID.
- Follow the on screen prompts.
eduroam Wireless Network
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. eduroam enables visiting students, faculty and staff of participating institutions to easily gain secure network access using their home institution credentials. It also provides Lafayette community members the same capability when visiting participating institutions. For more information on eduroam and a list of member organizations please visit https://www.eduroam.us
To access the eduroam network:
- Open the network settings on your device and select the "eduroam" network.
- Once connected your device should prompt you for your credentials. Note: eduroam requires users to provide their home institution domain name when entering their NetID for authentication (e.g. email@example.com).
For help connecting please contact the Help Desk at (610) 330-5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest Wireless Access
Visitors who do not have access to eduroam may request a guest NetID from a Lafayette host. Lafayette hosts can create temporary guest credentials using guest registration.
Wireless Access for Games and Devices
If you have a game console (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo DS, Wii, etc.) or a similar network device without a web browser (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) and would like to use it from a campus residence, please register your network device. Note: If you already registered your device during a previous year, you do not need to do so again.