What equipment will be provided?
The standard deployment will consists of the following equipment:
- Laptop, display, keyboard, mouse, and docking station
- An external webcam will be provided upon request
Note that there may be cases where a non-standard configuration is more appropriate. In this case, ITS will work with you to determine what equipment would be appropriate.
What equipment needs to be returned?
Any equipment that was included with your original deployment. This includes:
- Any loaned equipment (Laptops, iPads, displays, etc).
- Docking station
- Keyboard & mouse
- All associated cables and power adapters
- ITS will provide a single display with your new configuration. We will provide assistance in purchasing a second display, however the funding must be provided by your department.
- If you currently have a department funded secondary display, and it has an HDMI input, it will be installed with your new configuration. If it does not have an HDMI input, ITS will work with your department to acquire the necessary adapter or a new display.
What computers are eligible for replacement?
The devices eligible for replacement consist of those which are assigned to administrative staff. A computer that is designated for use in a shared space, by student employees, or otherwise provided by your department is not eligible for replacement.
Can our department be moved to a different month?
Unlikely. The vast majority of administrative staff computers are leased which offers very little flexibility in the collection of the currently deployed devices and the installation of the new systems. ITS intentionally schedules the upgrades over three 2-week periods to lessen the impact on staff availability for their typically responsibilities.
Do I need to be present when my computer is upgraded?
Yes. To complete the various steps of the install, each user will need to be present to login to their new computer with their Lafayette credentials. Please note, if you were provided with a ‘loaner’ computer/display as part of the College’s Covid-19 Technology Strategy, that equipment needs to be returned to ITS on the day of your scheduled upgrade.