Google Calendar can be used to schedule one time as well as repeating blocks of office hours with web conferencing included.
- Go to calendar.google.com and sign in using your Lafayette email, then Lafayette credentials
- Add an Event on the day/time you wish to schedule the office hours
- If you would like the event to repeat, click “More options” at the bottom
- On the next page, click “Does not repeat” for a list of options for repeating events
- To add a custom stop date, choose “Custom…”
- To add conferencing, click [Add video conferencing] and choose either Google Meet or Zoom. This will automatically add a meeting URL to the calendar event
- To invite your students, add them individually in the “Guests” section or add the Google Group for your course (see Google Group for Courses for more details)
Zoom is an effective tool for open or scheduled office hours as it allows you to use the Waiting Room feature to admit students one at at time. You may also use the chat feature in Zoom to message those in the Waiting Room with an update about when you will be available to talk to them.