If you have a game console or other media device that needs network access, you must first register it with PacketFence. If your device has a web browser installed, you may be able to register it yourself: See the section labeled “From an other device with a web browser” on How to Connect to the Network.
Are there any devices that will not work?
The devices below are currently incompatible with our network
- Sonos Speakers
- Lenovo Smart Clock w/Google Assistant
- Filimin Lights
- Wireless Printers
- Wireless Light Bulbs
- Smart plugs
- IP Cameras
- Routers, Access Points, Hubs, and Switches
- Wifi Extenders
There are some devices that can be registered, but whose functionality may be limited:
- Amazon Echo devices
- Apple Homepod
- Google Home
- Google Home Mini
As we continue to improve our infrastructure, we hope to support the functionality of these devices.
I've registered my device, now what?
Once you have successfully registered your device, you will need to manually connect to the pards network. See the “How to Connect to the Pards Network” section of this page.
Determine your device’s MAC Address
Every network capable device an a unique identifier called a MAC Address, and is needed to register your device.
- Search the web to find out where you can find your device’s MAC Address. It typically looks something likes this: 00:01:e3:a4:f0:da.
- Once you’ve found your device’s MAC address, record it in some way as you will need it to complete the registration.
Complete the Network Device Request Form
Once you have the MAC Address of your device, make sure your device is connected wired or wirelessly to the Lafayette network and please complete the Network Device Request Form.
How to Connect to the pards network
The “pards” wireless network is available for gaming devices, smart TVs, and other internet capable devices that are unable to connect to the eduroam wireless network. The pards wireless network is hidden and will need to be connected to manually.
Connecting your device
Once you have registered your device, use the following steps to connect to the pards network. These steps may vary based on the specific configuration of your device so it is best to refer to your device’s manufacturers help page or instructions.
- Open your device’s wireless networks
- Select “Add network”
- Note: The pards network will not automatically appear, it will need to be added manually.
- Type “pards” in the network name/SSID field
- If prompted to select a Security Level, choose ‘None’. No password is needed
If your device does not connect successfully, ensure that you have entered the correct wireless MAC address in the Device Registration Form. If you still cannot connect, contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or (610) 330-5501.