Is Lafayette Gmail the same as the personal (free) version of Gmail?
They are similar, but we will be using the G Suite for Education version which provides more features, more storage, and additional security/privacy features.
Will my email address change?
No, your email address will not change! You will continue to receive all your email at your current @lafayette.edu address.
Will my NetID or password change?
No, you will still use your current NetID and password to access G Suite.
How will I log in to Gmail and other G Suite Applications after January 14?
There are several ways you can access Gmail and G Suite applications.
- Visit webmail.lafayette.edu and login with your Lafayette credentials.
- Add the “My G Suite” block to my.lafayette.edu for easy access to the most common G Suite apps.
- Simply visit www.gmail.com and provide your full Lafayette email address when prompted. You will then be redirected to the single sign-on page where you will enter your Lafayette credentials.
How much time will it take to set up and learn how to use Gmail?
You’ll be able to master the basics, like sending and receiving email and viewing and scheduling meetings, very quickly. It may take more time to really learn to make the most of Gmail depending on your level of familiarity with Gmail.
See the Email Help page for more information.
Can I access my Gmail account now?
You can access your Gmail account as soon as you are migrated. A few hundred Lafayette members have already been migrated as Early Adopters and the rest of the campus community will be migrated on January 14, 2019.
Other G Suite applications such as Google Drive are already available.
Can I create mailing lists in Gmail?
You can create mailing lists using Google Groups for use in Gmail and Calendar.
How do I access Gmail from China?
You will need to install the VPN AnyConnect app on your computer or smartphone by following the VPN instructions.
If you are unable to connect to the VPN app and are:
- a Lafayette student taking a course in China, contact Study Abroad at (610) 330-5918 or firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you’re listed as a student eligible to use VPN at Lafayette.
- a Lafayette student from China, contact Intercultural Development at (610) 330-5320 to ensure you’re listed as a student eligible to use VPN at Lafayette.
- an employee, contact the Help Desk at (610) 330-5501 or email@example.com.