Is Lafayette Gmail the same as the personal (free) version of Gmail?
They are similar, but Lafayette uses the Google Workspace for Education version which provides more features, more storage, and additional security/privacy features.
How will I log in to Gmail and other Google Workspace Applications?
There are several ways you can access Gmail and Google Workspace applications.
- Visit webmail.lafayette.edu and login with your Lafayette credentials.
- Add the “My Google Workspace” block to my.lafayette.edu for easy access to the most common Google Workspace apps.
- Simply visit www.gmail.com and provide your full Lafayette email address when prompted. You will then be redirected to the single sign-on page where you will enter your Lafayette credentials.
How much time will it take to set up and learn how to use Gmail?
You’ll be able to master the basics, like sending and receiving email and viewing and scheduling meetings, very quickly. It may take more time to really learn to make the most of Gmail depending on your level of familiarity with Gmail.
See the Email Help and Google Workspace help pages for more information.
Where do I find my Contacts?
Google contacts can be accessed via the ‘waffle’ in the upper right hand corner of your Gmail account under “Contacts”. See the Google Contacts page for more information on how Contacts work.
How do I access Gmail from China?
You will need to install the VPN GlobalProtect app on your computer or smartphone by following the VPN instructions.
If you are unable to connect to the VPN app and are:
- a Lafayette student taking a course in China, contact Study Abroad at (610) 330-5918 or firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you’re listed as a student eligible to use VPN at Lafayette.
- a Lafayette student from China, contact Intercultural Development at (610) 330-5320 to ensure you’re listed as a student eligible to use VPN at Lafayette.
- an employee, contact the Help Desk at (610) 330-5501 or email@example.com.