On my College-provided device
On my personal device
Get an activation key and download the installer
- Verify you are a member of Lafayette College by logging into this survey to receive an activation key.
- Log into the MathWorks License Center to associate the activation key with your MathWorks account.
- If you don’t have a MathWorks account, create one using your Lafayette email address.
- While creating your account for the first time, enter the activation key and skip to step 5.
- Click Associate License in the upper-right hand corner.
- When prompted to do so, enter the activation key you received after verifying your status as a member of Lafayette College.
- Download the current release of MATLAB. Choose the installer that matches your computer’s operating system.
Install and activate MATLAB
- Locate the downloaded MATLAB installer, unzip it, and install it following the prompts.
- In the MathWorks installer, select “Log in with a MathWorks Account” and click Next.
- After reading and accepting the license agreement, enter your Lafayette email address and your MathWorks account password.
- Select the license you registered earlier.
- Select the products you want to install, then follow the prompts to install them.
- Prior to finishing the installation process, be sure the “Activate MATLAB” checkbox remains selected.
- Verify the displayed user name is correct, which should display as your Lafayette NetID. Continue with the process until activation is complete.