Stata/SE is a statistical package providing tools for data analysis, data management, and graphics for datasets with up to 10,998 independent variables. Stata/SE is available on ITS lab computers, smartclassroom podiums, and in Skillman library. Faculty and staff can request Stata/SE for for College-owned office and lab computers by contacting the Help Desk.
Stata/SE can also be installed on Lafayette faculty, staff, and student personal computers. The license key will renew every July and will require users to reinstall the application each year on their personal computer. ITS will update the license key on College-owned office computers for faculty and staff as well as lab computers.
To install Stata for personal Windows computers:
- Download the Stata Installer for Windows and enter your Lafayette credentials when prompted.
- Locate the file named “Stata.exe” double click it.
- If prompted, accept "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device."
- After the installation is complete, a Stata folder should appear in the Start Menu.
To install Stata for personal Mac computers:
- Download the Stata Installer for Macs and enter your Lafayette credentials when prompted.
- Locate the file named “Stata.dmg” and double click it.
- Double click "Stata.pkg" when the Stata.pkg window opens.
- Click [Continue] when the Install Stata window opens.
- Click [Install] next.
- Enter your Mac's system username and password.
- Click [Close] to finish the intallation.
- After the installation is complete, a Stata folder should be listed in Applications.